The Sign Pad is looking for Sign Maker / Installer. We are looking for a flexible part-time person. This position should transition to full time over the coming months.
View the full post for details…
- Production using wide format printer (Mimaki), Graphtec Vinyl Cutter, Laminator
- Follow written layout instructions to place computer-generated vinyl or full color graphic image(s) on a predetermined substrate or medium.
- Accurately prepare substrates for vinyl application. This may include cutting, painting, laminating and cleaning the substrates for vinyl application.
- Weed excess vinyl from computer cut images. Weeding techniques vary with size, type of vinyl and complexity of image. Sign Maker must know how and when to use each technique.
- Perform quality assurance measures pre- and post-construction by accurately reading and interpreting a Work Order and then proofing for errors or unacceptable standards (i.e., bubbles, creases, ragged edges, poor registration).
- Perform finishing operations such as laminating, encapsulating or mounting of printed pieces
- Communicate with other employees and customers in a calm and professional manner
- Report inventory levels and stock reorder needs to the manager as needed.
- Help unload and store delivered products
- Perform routine machine maintenance and minor repairs when necessary
- Maintain production rate consistency; meet or exceed established minimum production rates.
- Perform on-site and in-store sign installations.
- Keep the production area neat, clean and organized.
- Answer telephone if other employees are busy assisting customers.
- Comply with relevant occupational health and safety requirements simultaneously
- Basic computer skills including file management and email
- Knowledge of Illustrator and Signlab an asset
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate ideas visually, verbally and in writing
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, meet deadlines, handle multiple projects both individually and in a team environment
- Excellent command of the English language, including communication, spelling, and grammar
- Ability to accurately measure
- Ability to use small tools, such as panel saw, drills etc
- Ability to climb ladders (usually max. 12 feet) and work on bucket-lifts or scissor lifts at heights of less than 40 feet.
Education & Experience:
- Experience in the sign industry preferred
- Valid BC Driver’s license
Hours: 15-20 Hours per week to start
Salary: To be negotiated
Applications will be accepted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include resume including references.